During the Clivia flowering seasons Sean Chubb opens the Thurlow Flora nursery as well as the Habitat Heritage Collection to the public and any interested parties.
The 3 main periods in which the Nursery is open are:
- Pendulous Clivia [Robusta and Gardenii] flowering period in early June.
- Interspecific hybrid flowering period from end June to end August.
- Miniata Flowering period open days are advertised and are normally, the last weekend in August, the last weekend in September and also the first weekend in October.
Thurlow Flora also attends numerous shows including:
- Northern Clivia Club Show in Pretoria.
- Clivia Forum Show in Centurion.
- Joburg Clivia Show at Garden World
- The KwaZulu Natal Clivia show in KZN
- The Pietermaritzburg garden show held in late September at the Royal Show grounds.
To Visit Thurlow Flora during August , September and October has left many visitors amazed by the diversity and variation to be found in the Clivia miniata collection at the nursery. With the enormous genetic gene pool that makes up the Thurlow flora collection, variation and diversity are the norm. A full range of colour, form and size can be found in the collection.